2k11

A new year and a new start. Not just for me but for French Vogue too. (Au reviour Carine Roitfeld, holla holla Emmanuelle Alt.) as well as whole new load of campaigns coming through to scope out, and see which models scored the most campaigns (the moulin's on Kloss and Wixon.) Here are a few things that have grabbed my attentionz.

Number One:
One of my FAVE designers Ricardo Tisci has designed the album cover for Kanye West's and Jay-Z's joint album called H.A.M (Hard As a Motherfucker.) The cover has that dark gothic edge that Tisci is known for and the track H.A.M itself actually half decent. Although the abbreviation is a bit of a shit one...H.A.M really? It aint going hard like Shadrack Guns n' Pork or like a motherfucker.

Number Two:

Renowned as Lady Gaga's stylist and now creative director of Thierry Mugler, has put up a little teaser of his first menswear collection for the brand on on the V magazine site. The link to the picture and also the new logo is here: http://www.vmagazine.com/2011/01/first-look-mugler-by-nicola-formichetti/

Number Three:

I'm going a bit crazy with V Magazine, I really have to have the latest issue not only does it have a feature on young up and coming designers, and from the pictures i've seen the majority seem to be British/British based designers (Louise Grey, Michael Van Der Ham, Meadham Kirchhoff and Mary Katrantzou) it makes me feel a little bit patriotic (Fuck you Kate and William you and your royal wedding can suck my tool.) as well as the next crop of "supermodels"
Roman....erm I mean Nicki Minaj is also on the cover. I love her music but I have to say I am not a big fan of Minaj's style, I feel like theres something a little forced and overstyled and too thought out about her look sometimes. I think she's still got a way to go yet until she finds her feet fashion wise, but she definitely holds potential to be a style icon and I think it would be real cool if that happens as I do think that Rap/Hip Hop music needs that fashionable female figure. I cant wait for the day she gets a Vogue cover. Well if gaga can do it....

Number Four:

Now ever since Natalie Portman cut off all her hair for V for Vendetta I've pretty much girl crushed on her. She has the most amazing cheekbones and elfin features and she sickeningly suited having no hair and still looked elegant as ever, and lets not forget her latest role in the Black Swan (I have already watched it even though it is not actually released in the UK until next week.) its so dark and so intense and she plays her role so well. Anyway Portman is now the new face of the Miss Dior Cherie perfume sporting nothing but a bow in her hair. I love love love the Lily Donaldson campaign and thought it was so lame when they replaced her with Maryna Linchuk but Galliano has redeemed himself with his latest covergirl.
Photo from earsucker.com

My Ping in TotalPing.com