A/W 2012 predicted trends (Vogue Italia)

I bought Vogue Italia a couple of weeks ago, with the magazine normally comes a few extras and in one of the side magazines that came with it featured trends for this winter to do with bag, shoe and glasses, it covers the shapes, patterns and colours of the accessories that are predicted to be big for this winter. I thought I'd stick them on here to see so when I start looking at the A/W shows I can see how close their predicted trends are for next season.
The page above is all about fabrics and coat shapes for next season. A lot of the colours used are very cold on this moodboard there is a little leopard print peeking through, in the magazine it said Leopard print would still be a big trend. On this page it mentioned about embroidery I think that the big thing with next season with outerwear will be embroidery and surface work, if so it still kind of links in with S/S and the focus of craft and technique seen at Fendi, Marni and Dries Van Noten.
Some of the predicted colour forecast for A/W is not all that different from the colours used for S/S 11, there is still the use of brights. Something that is interesting and fun for the dark winter nights as is refreshing after seasons of dark colours for winter will make an uplifting change, reading the description it seems the magazine is predicting the reds, oranges and blues to be used more for accessories just for a flash of colour to keep the outfit interesting whilst the pinks and purples are shades to consider as a main colour for your outfit. Some of the colours (the darker burnt looking hues like the burgundy and the plum.) are a bit retro and reminiscent of the 70's vibe that has trail blazed this summer. On the right hand page the colours very soft and a bit washed out in my opinion this is probably to replace the use of pastels that we have seen for S/S 11 for those who aren't so keen on the brighter colours, the colour palettes have been inspired by Arctic places/conditions like the north pole and the vegetation in the Arctic tundra. The auroral section is inspired by 1980's Giorgio Armani. Overall I think that this winter could be an interesting and optimistic one with this colour palette.
This page was all about patterns for glasses. As you can see there quite retro and the colour palette that was featured at the side which was cut off from the scanner was quite 70's as well as use of animal inspired prints. Therewere predicted popular glasses shapes at the bottom of the page unfortunately they were cut off...the shapes of the glasses themselves were very retro as well with oval shaped glasses (a little like the ones Prada did for A/W 2010>) and aviator.
.
I will apologise now as the rest of the photo's that are shown will be ones taken on my Blackberry as Erin's scanner decided it did not like my Vogue Italia (my scanner just doesn't want to respond to anything...) These pages were referencing shoe shapes and materials. The sketches shown at the bottom of the page are very feminine and romantic. A/W 2010 saw the rise of the kitten heel and it looks like its here to stay for another season. Also the shoes are more ankle boots and the description given says that the shapes are inspired by Rococo art and the Belle-Epoque era, both are beautiful and very feminine and grand. When you look at last A/W it was all about feeling womanly and embracing femininity, it seems that it will remain that way but just a lot more decorative.
I found this page with all the bag shapes quite interesting, small bags as well as small heels have been a popular choice for a little while. I personally despise small bags as I tend to carry my whole life around in my bag so I personally find these quite impractical bar the rucksack featured on the far right hand side of the page (feeling a little infront of the curve seeing as I invested in a rucksack from Lazy Oaf when I received my loan, although mine looks like the le sac magic from Tots T.V.) Some of the bag shapes look a little inspired by the Belle Epoque also with the decorative description featured at the side and the choices of fabrics like velvet as well as the use of gold chains. Reading the description I think bags could be the one to invest in rather than shoes for A/W as the predicted uses of fabrics and techniques is quite interesting as it seems like there is a lot of experimentation going on with furs and patterns like dots and porcelain type effects


All photo's are ones I have scanned/taken myself from the January issue of Vogue Italia 2011
My Ping in TotalPing.com