BFC/Designer Fashion Fund Winner

Picture from Style.com


I received an email earlier from the BFC announcing the latest winner of the Designer Fashion Fund the award and it was the one and only Mr Christopher Kane. I have previously blogged about the nominees late last year in December, but for all those who don't know Kane was up against in for running was Charlotte Olympia, Jonathan Saunders, E.Tautz, Nicholas Kirkwood, Osmand, Peter Pilotto and Richard Nicholl for the £200,000 prize. On the BFC website it states that Kane won the award with the business plan him and sister/business partner Tammy Kane presented.
I personally am very happy and was routing for Christopher Kane all the way, my opinion probably seems biased as I declare my love for this man every time he comes around and wows LFW with a new collection on my blog (as well as swooning every time i see his tees in Liberty.) But as I mentioned in the post I did in December last year announcing the contenders for the Fashion Fund, Kane wants his label to remain independent so he has free reign and complete control over his label, something which a lot of designers don't have and a lot of young designers with talent will have to fight for if they wish to be successful as most groups who buy into fashion brands have a large say in what happens with the the brand. Personally I think he's got the right idea, he's the talk of the town when its time for him to show each season and he's so creative and innovative that if that were to be watered down or compromised it would be a real shame. It's brilliant to see this designer who's career launched almost five years ago, go from strength to strength from winning highly sought after awards as well as collaborating with and designing for other labels, I'm just waiting for a French house to come entice him....Ahhhhh Christopher you've done it again <3
My Ping in TotalPing.com