Out with the Old, In with the Newly Organized

Before

After

Who: Moi @ilovecollins
What: Spring Cleaning/ Closet Organizing
Rating: Something old, something new!!

My closet space is limited, so I need maximum organization and I was well overdue for some spring cleaning. I can't function when my closet is out of order. I get frustrated while I'm getting dressed and everything seems to be jammed in and my divided sections all run into each other... I can't!


With a lil help from baby-sistah (@elstylesLA) and a full day we were able to bring some life back to my "petits placard" (small closet) . Coats, Dresses, skirts, pants, tops, and jackets from left to right. That's my order. That works best for the way I get dressed and I'm sticking with it.  It was the perfect time to go through and delete some items that I've either not worn, had way too long, or I'm just over. Not to mention the two storage bins of vintage pieces I've been avoiding. Yupp, I even handled that stuff too.

Throughout the process I tweeted a few of the tips I use when organizing clients closets. Check them out:

1. Add sweet yet mildly scented potpouri pouches to your lingerie drawers or satchels.
2. Use plastic grocery bags or tissue paper to stuff and preserve the shape of bags, boots, and even sleeves.
3. Short on drawers? Cute drawstrings bags are great for swimwear, socks, hosiery, and lingerie.
4. Neatly fold heavy sweaters and scarves an store away until the cold weather returns.
5. Hang or fold sequence, beaded, and other intricately embellished garments inside out to preserve delicate details.



My closet is usually off limits. although friends and family try to get their eyes and hands on vintage pieces I've been collecting from my grandmothers closet, her friends closets, my favorite vintage stores, and just treasures that I've come across. And baby-sistah (real name Erin) frequents although I have to enforce my strict (not really) rules for borrowing. (1) All items must be returned cleaned. (2) All items must be returned in the same condition as borrowed. That's reasonable right?!

Throughout the day baby-sistah decided to play dress up. Here's what she came up with and what we snapped pics of.

Totally Obsessed xoxo, Love

Love Collins 4ply Silk Crepe De Chine
I wore this one in my cousins wedding. 

This jumpsuit is so 70's with the bold color, terry cloth fabric, and the wide leg pant!
This one belong to either my mom or aunt.

The pieces she walked away with, but the hat stays with momma!

Vintage (Ain't Frieda!!) Polyester Mini
Originally full- length, i chopped this one up because it way too hot.







Polyester in the summer time is not cool. 
My Ping in TotalPing.com