Anna Dello Russo/BFC Vogue Fund

I wouldn't be completely telling the truth if I said I've been completely swamped with work for the past few weeks. It is part of the reason I haven't done a post in a while but I've also been slumming it about. Last week I went to a Kenzo cocktail party and modelled for my friend in a fashion show (Pictures at a later date seeing as I've lost my camera lead....good one.)

Anyway, one of my favourite icons Anna Dello Russo has brought out a perfume I watched the video the other day. In the video she is prancing about in dresses by Pucci and Roberto Cavalli wearing very lavish headwear to Kanye Wests track Runaway, looking like a princess (*sighs*) Heres the link to the video if you fancy a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q09PfrojYKo The campaign itself is shot by Jurgen Teller in which she wears Moschino A/W 2010. Anna Dello Russo had this to say about the process of the bottle:

"I insisted that my perfume bottle be hand made and as unique as a golden shoe, I insisted that the shoe be made of the same thin glass as christmas ornaments"

And Anna got her wish, her perfume bottle is a golden shoe that can also be used to adorn your christmas tree. I really am curious to know what it smells like as theres definitely been more hype about the video and clothes featured that the smell. Either way I'm sure it will smell delicious I cant imagine this diva putting her name on something that smells like aids. The perfume goes on sale in two days on Yoox.com, I am going to find some bee-a-you-tee-full family member of mine to go buy it for me.



BFC Vogue Fund:

The nominees for this years BFC/Vogue Fund has been announced. Not for all those who do not know about this, it is an opportunity for British designers to receive funding in helping build up and establish their brand. The last winner of the award was Erdem Moralioglu (I did a post earlier this year about his achievement.) The prize money is £200,000 and this years nominees are Richard Nicoll, Jonathan Saunders, Charlotte Olympia and last and by far not the least Christopher Kane. All talented designers but I am rooting all the way for Christopher Kane, even though since the day he tore up London Fashion Week four years ago he's been a name on everyones lips with his collections never wavering from being one of best of LFW, his Topshop collaboration and him designing for Versace Versus. I still think this money could help him on his way to really building his brand, as he wants to remain an independent brand and not bought out, which is completely understandable not wanting to give creative control to someone else. Fingers crossed for the man obsessed with body con and a love for neon.
My Ping in TotalPing.com