Style: Past, Present and future Project

My second project at university was a styling shoot based on musical icons from the past, the tutors supplied our class of around 90 to 100 with musical icons from the 40's all the way upto the 80's. Mine was Doris Day famous Singer and Actress from the 50's and 60's. We had to aim our final image at a magazine, we were given a list to choose from varying Vogue and Harpers to Wallpaper and The Gentlewoman. I picked Purple Magazine off the list which is Olivier Zahm's magazine which is based more around the concept of portraying a lifestyle than fashion itself. Also we were told our shoot had to be shot in black and white in a studio with a white backdrop in the style of photographer Richard Avedon.
The concept of my shoot was to show my icon in a more sexual, seductive way as she was dubbed the worlds oldest virgin due to the type of films she starred in. This went hand in hand with Purple Magazine, who's Editor in Chief is very open about his sex life and contributing photographer Terry Richardson who's pictures nine times out of ten have some form of sexual innuendo.
Anyway my shoot took place yesterday and I am really happy with my final image, I feel it conveys the message I wanted to portray but without losing sight of my icon and her personality.
I was so happy with my choice of model she understood how I wanted her to move and also I loved the fact that rather than try and change poses after every shot she started to get that it was all about subtle changes with the pose she was already holding (apart from not looking bad in any of them....slightly sickening.)

Final chosen image:

Just another image I started to play around with on photoshop.
Big thanks to Annabell my study partner, Erin for Hair (immense beehive!!) and Make up and Aine my model who seriously smized for her life :)
xxx
My Ping in TotalPing.com