Milan Fashion week Autumn/Winter 2010

Now that I have a enough spare time I thought I'd treat you to the penultimate installment of my favourite shows from each fashion week this time being Milan, I have to say Milan fashion I am not too keen on. I find it too crude and bold, what I mean by that is I find it too over the top and feel like the collections are boastful and full of excessive glamour which I personally am not fond of (bar D&G, Dolce and Gabbana, Missoni, Moschino/Moschino Cheap and Chic and Prada.), not saying that all the collections are awful but most of them just aren't my thing but I have sifted through and found what I think is the best of Milan fashion week enjoy!!
P.S: My picture is on the TeenVogue website as their best dressed reader today :)

D&G



A collection filled with knitwear used in the most creative of ways whether it be a bodice, skirt or a pair of cable knit shorts. It looks like it’s been made for a glamour girl that likes to go skiing in the Alps. I love the use of colours from deep reds and plums very autumnal; the use of print was very interesting. It varied from flowery prints to knit like ones with patterns that were Christmassy. There were outfits with an androgynous feel to them with waistcoats and velvet tuxedo jackets to die for, yet they still remained sexy with the sheer chiffon blouses underneath and the knitted hotpants. I'm not really sure if this collection is actually suitable for freezing temperatures but because it’s so gorgeous I know if I had the money I’d still give it a go.

Dolce & Gabbana





Proving that underwear as outerwear is still a trend that is to be reckoned with, Dolce and Gabbana sent models down the catwalk in lace undergarments with different types of tuxedo’s thrown over them to start off with. That then moved into outfits that were slightly more revealing like skirt suits with bralet tops, silk and lace rompers. The collection had a very sultry feel to it mainly in black with a gradual move into using flashes of colour and the use of print in the form of leopard and polka dot. The embellishment in my opinion is eye catching and seems to me that it is been made up of old badges and earrings ever so vintage chic.

Emilio Pucci


I was never a big fan of Emilio Pucci I found their collections quite boring, you knew what to expect with the prints and colours which I understand is what the label is known for but I just found it too safe. That was until three seasons ago when Peter Dundas stepped in. I personally think he has transformed this label still paying homage to the fashion houses roots with the use of print but re-inventing it and giving it the update that it needed. This season the feel seemed to be 70’s boho and quite rock and roll mixed with a load of glamour (absolute overload of sequins.) mixed in. Which I suppose you can get away with he is showing in Milan out of all places after all. There were shaggy fur coats, floor length dresses plastered in print which were very desirable. There was something a bit Anna Sui about the collection which is not a bad thing it was just a way more bling spin off.
Etro




A collection inspired by what one can guess is Eastern Asia with the styles of dresses, mandarin collars and prints that were sent down the catwalk. The layering I thought was quite masculine with blazers draped over outfits as well as chunky knitted sweaters which worked brilliantly. There were contrasting bold, retro and exotic prints. As well as military/utility suits which makes me guess that it is not just a summer trend. Some particular looks seemed like they had been made for an Imperial Army or a General with the fusion of eastern prints and military reference. There were silk dressing gowns with patterned lining which were an eye catching feature. Necklaces that looked like African tribal wear and coats with fur tails on that made me think of American Indians. I thought some looks resembled to much of a similarity with Louis Vuitton S/S 2010 with their whole tribal/ethnic traveller look, but overall a beautiful collection with the right balance of print that was not to frenetic even when they were clashing. It is a chic and overall desirable collection. Love it!!!

Jil Sander




I have chosen Jil Sander because of the tailoring, it was perfect. The combining of half a blazer with half a dress to create an outfit, suits as all in ones (so humorous!). The short tweed all in one is my favourite item. I think with this collection it might not be the most exciting but it does show that less is more. I think this is the just the beginning, not only is Jil Sander but Celine also as an example doing minimal in there collections I think the eighties trends are on the way out and we are on the edge of embracing nineties minimal style trends.

MaxMara





A collection made of coats in all different styles from almost floor length to ones that stopped at the waist, from military to camel coats in luxury fabrics like cashmere there were flashes of gold here and there and the cutest fur mittens. These coats are defiantly investment pieces.

Moschino





This collection was when Clint Eastwood met Carmen Miranda. Still going strong with the eighties vibe they had last season Moschino sent their models down the catwalk in cowboy hats (an accessory choice I am not too keen on, maybe Madonna would favour it but then again its not the year 2000 anymore.) There was an updated version of the skirt suit Moschino did last season (black with the gold chains.) this time the suit was leather with gold mosaics (also I have to say they have an uncanny resemblance to the Chanel suits and I also notice a quilted bag.) Moschino seems more grown up since last season with a colour scheme was mainly made up of black, white and gold. The jewellery was big, bold, gold and something this label does well fun. I thought jackets seemed to be a key item throughout the collection coming down the runway in all different forms of asymmetric, bomber jackets and suit ones as well as a leopard print coat. One was quite interesting and fun a bomber covered in eyelets as well as a gold lame fringed jacket. There was a small burst of colour with flamenco style dresses with their ruffles in pink and orange. A collection that will put a smile on your face. As humorous as ever was Moschino.

Moschino Cheap and Chic




Moschino’s baby sister is going on holiday and is showing us how to do it in style. The models strutted down the runway with the label’s new luggage collection, Lost and Found. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes there were different versions some with leopard print, ones with steel caps that were gold and some with studs, there is still eighties references in this collection also as well as ones from Chanel with woollen jackets trimmed with gold chains, later on into the collection a couple of models pranced down the runway in what seemed to be Moschino’s C&C’s version maids outfits. Then out came a model in a leopard print coat with a matching clutch and hat with ears showing the houses cheeky and mischievous side.

Versace Versus



Sprinkling his magic onto the Versace Versus label Christopher Kane brought a fun and flirty feel to this collection and also his use of print which were used on various T-shirts. It was mainly made up of mini prom dresses, which I have to say I was surprised that they were figure hugging and oozing the usual sex appeal that Christopher Kane brings to his collections. Nevertheless they were still amazing with his little touches of the dresses having strapped bodices and little bralet’s as well as a few skirt and tee combo’s and a tuxedo jacket. This will defiantly be a hit collection with his younger IT girl followers.
My Ping in TotalPing.com