Plus size vs. Size zero

I've decided to write about this after looking at Mark Fasts latest collection where its said to be made for "curvy" girls.
The weight and the size of a model within the fashion industry is always a sore and controversial subject to talk about, more so now with the size zero cult that's been going strong for nearly if not a decade. To be fair its not really something that is going to change when you really think about it. Models have died due to being size zero and yet no one has really stopped to think and address the issue head on. Im not really one for plus sized models because I do think you need a relatively slim girl to show off a garment in the right way, to make sure the fabric moves and hangs how you intended it to. And if in all honesty your a little on the larger side (which I am not saying is a bad thing) its not going to do that. But nevertheless I am not in favour for size zero either but this whole trend about using plus size models to me is a joke.
Its not that I think its bad idea, I just think its awful on the models part, because to me it all seems to be one big joke or someone trying to be really shocking and controversial kind of like Mark Fast. He says his clothes are for curvy girls yet all his models bar two of them are size zero or smaller? and when you actually look at the plus sized models compared to the "normal" ones they genuinely look gargantuan, apart from that as lovely as his designs are they would be anything less than forgiving on anyone who wasn't the size of a stick as they are so revealing and skin tight for example:

Now the plus size model which is the one featured just above is a size fourteen which is below the average size for a woman here in England (the average is a sixteen.) so I dont really see how a below average size could be classed as a plus size apart from that the dress makes her look larger that what she probably is.
You have magazines doing editorials with plus sized girls which I am in favour of as it's not like their hidious or anything but why do they always have to be showing flesh? and most of the time it's them getting their "muffin tops" out which is something I don't really fancy looking at. It's not subtle and it's not tasteful I just think it looks like one big gimmick because it's not like designers and editors are going to continue to use them. Their just a trend, it's almost like their the must have accessory for this season. Were being told that being an average size or on slender side is ok well my point is what was wrong with it before?








My Ping in TotalPing.com