Fashion Show 2010

One of my lovely college friends lent me her disks which had our fashion show and the photos from the show on them so I thought it would be pretty cool to post about it and to also give recognition to people on my course who have worked extremely hard and show real promise. 

The show started with the first years skirt project which was based around natural forms, they had to create skirts using only neutral coloured fabrics. Next were the fourteen to sixteen year olds with their skirt project that followed onto the first years recycled project where they had recreated clothes using old garments, the clothes were donated by Barnardos. Then out came the second years with their first outfit which was inspired by a chosen piece of architecture and the outfit was to be done in monochromatic fabrics that then led on to the first years mini collections which consisted of two outfits that were inspired by different types of art. The show then finished with the second years final collections that were inspired by a chosen Myth or Legend which had four outfits.

I have compiled what I think showcases the best garments created throughout the two years. I tried to upload the video of the actual fashion show but it failed so you'll just have to settle for this for the time being!!

Here is my Architecture project which was inspired by St Basils Cathedral in Moscow, and my final collection (If you care.) I based my collection around Swan Lake, Tim Burton films played a main part when it came to inspiration. I was inspired mostly by The Corpse Bride and the sombre colour palate used. 




My Ping in TotalPing.com