Milan Fashion Week S/S 2011

Now before I start my post on my very belated post about Milan Fashion Week I want to mention about the layout for my blog and apologize for it. My blogger started to mess up and refuses to let me use the original layout and every time I try to change it, it doesn't work. So if you want to have a look at my profile and followers you will find all the information at the bottom of the page. I am truly sorry about the inconvenience. Blogger.com sort your motherfucking shit out...or at least make it stupidly simple for people with feeble minds like myself to work out how to layout the page.



D&G






Definition of a hippy chic. It look’s like luxurious festival wear with the platform boots that resemble wellies. There were flowing maxi dresses and floral outfits as well as a spot of plaid, which gave the collection a girlie feel rather than a womanly one. There were garments made out of crochet. I loved the mismatching of floral print, which worked quite well. I have to say though I never thought bandana’s would ever come back in fashion, I enjoyed the snow white t-shirts that was a really cute touch.


Dsquared




There was a big seventies vibe (as seen on many other runways.) but i felt there was a difference with Dsquared, this had a more masculine feel to it with the straw trilby’s, brogues and straight legged trouser suits. I really liked the embellished dresses as well as the trench coats; one was quite interesting as one half was cut short. There was a really nice silk slip, which was done in the style of a tuxedo with a lace trim (a small sign that underwear as outerwear is still about.)


Dolce & Gabbana








The collection was so fresh and light, really romantic. I enjoyed the collection being very white it went well with the gold jewellery some of which was quite subtle that then progressed into chunky statement pieces. I found the collection very sexual (what can you expect from this Italian duo I suppose.) as the white is quite virginal where as the fabrics used and the silhouettes used were the opposite, with the corsets and tight body conscious dresses and the use of sheer fabrics and lace as well as crochet. The pair let out their wild side with the small use of leopard print. I found the use of floral print quite light and bearable, very subtle to floral prints they have done before. The series of embellished outfits that started to come out towards the end were the winners for me, especially the pair of knicker shorts covered in diamantes.


Francesco Scognamiglio






A mixture of soft romantic contrasting with structure in the silhouettes, as well as a lot of exposure with the translucent materials varying from white and nude to black also a dress covered in ruffles leaving just the breasts on show. There was a small burst of colour and print with purple and leopard print that moved back onto black, with a pantsuit and very interesting jewellery, which consisted of a some form of metal belt that joined to the face. Good experimentation with volume whilst remaining undoubtedly sexy.


Jil Sander






Raf Simons had done a really really really good job, I’d say he has created a collection that is not too complicated yet still desirable and has done the best job of colour blocking out of all the collections I have seen, as well as being able to make plain t-shirts and shapeless skirts look so cool. I liked his playfulness about the colour blocking using stripes and different fabrics as well as the clashing of colour to create the look.


MaxMara






A collection that presented another seasons worth of desirable coats as well as ticking off some of next summer’s best trends such as colour blocking and the use of knitwear, as well as the odd hint of sportswear. The collection was very clean and well cut; every garment looked like it fitted the models bodies perfectly.


Moschino Cheap & Chic






I find that both Moschino and Moschino Cheap & Chic are labels that in fashion help define that fashion and style are about dressing beautifully but more importantly having fun whilst doing so. The collection I felt it had a seventies retro twist with the prints on the fabrics but the rest of it I found quite child like (I mean this in a good way.) with the colour scheme and the surface decoration being a mixture of embroidery and plastic jewels and also the underlying theme being mermaids guessing by the jewellery and prints. Either way very fresh and fun!


Versace Versus





Ahhhh time for Christopher Kane round two for the season ☺ His signature body conscious designs hit the runway for the second time this season, the only thing that is similar to his own collection is the graphic clean cuts he uses. For the Versus line he presented a very young hip collection full of prints. I loved the mixing up of prints in outfits like plaid and florals (Kind of reminded me of Micheal Van Der Ham and his collections.) I liked the draping of the fabric on the dresses and my favourites have to be the flowery cycle shorts.
My Ping in TotalPing.com