New Brief

Last week we handed in our first university assignment (YEYYYY!) Today we got our new one and it's absolutely fucking insane!! We have ten weeks to produce a styled image based on a musical icon from past eras from early as the 40's up to the 80's (mine is Doris Day.), as well as putting together three mood boards for styling, make up and poses, we also we have to compile a trend report together for S/S 2011 trends as well as aiming our shoot at a magazine and creating a magazine report about our chosen magazine.
We were given a list of magazines to choose from out of:
  • Vogue (US or UK)
  • Harpers Bazaar
  • Pop
  • Love
  • Purple Magazine
  • Dazed and Confused
  • i-D
  • Wallpaper
  • Another Magazine
  • Another Man
  • Fantastic Man
  • The Gentlewoman
  • GQ
I'm quite glad our tutor has given us a list of magazines to pick from as I think I would have been a bit stuck on what to choose otherwise. I was debating with myself and getting really analytical about Doris Day and what kind of feel I would go for, as I thought going for a niche magazine like Dazed which is something that I read and whether I get the shoot right it wouldn't be completely out of my comfort zone and I thought something like Vogue, Tatler or Harpers Bazaar is too obvious (but then is the obvious always that bad? I don't want to make it too un-obvious right?) But enough of me rambling on, I think I have an idea of which magazine I want to pick out of the above, which is exciting and i've already been writing down a list of trends seen on the catwalk as I wanted to compile a blog post about them so that might come in handy :) I am so pumped about this project I really cant wait to go buy a sketchbook tomorrow at uni now!!!! >.<


My Ping in TotalPing.com