D.I.Y Hermes

I am to start UCA Rochester in september to study Fashion Promotions, a couple of weeks ago I was sent a summer project through the post. The brief was to research an iconic item of clothing there were fourteen to pick from including:
  • The Suit
  • The Trenchcoat
  • The Little Black Dress
  • The Shoe
  • The Hat

just to name a few. I chose to base my studies around the handbag as one: there is nothing like a good accessory, two: there is so much information to find out about handbags that have made an impact on the bags we carry around with us today and three: because there are so many important iconic handbags it means I can cover a wide variety. (I have to say though I found it hard picking between the handbag and the suit being a fan of power dressing. I was gonna go all YSL 1966 Le Smoking Suit and would have thrown in a bit of Helmut Newton. I know it's the obvious but ahh well.) ANYWAY. So I'm researching iconic handbags, I start with the two most respected, coveted and droolworthy bags within fashion. The 2.55 and the Hermes Birkin, while I was doing research on Hermes I came across a link to a post about making a paper version of the Hermes Kelly bag (I know It's two years late but I just thought for all those who haven't seen it.) I just thought it was such fun and so charming, what a lovely idea seeing as a large majority of people cannot afford the brand. My favourites out of the paper bags have to be the one with the trees on, the bag with the deer and the first one with a man who I can only guess is supposed to be the founder of the brand Thierry Hermes.

They kind of remind me of the picture of the paper bag that's been pimped to look like a 2.55 ( See below.)



Hermes' new D.I.Y is a studded cuff, I think I might have a go, do it a bit more gothic and go a bit of a Givenchy on it in black and gold. Heres the link if you want to take a peek :)
http://lesailes.hermes.com/gb/en/ (Just click on surprises and then the picture of the cuff.)

P.S: If anyone has the download of the paper bag please please send it to me it would be much appreciated !! :)





My Ping in TotalPing.com